Friday, December 20, 2013

Life is Meant to be Fun!


I am almost finished reading James Van Praagh's book Unfinished Business and boy, is it great! He has so many wonderfully incredible experiences to share. I had read two of his other books; Talking to Heaven , and Reaching to Heaven several years ago, which I also love. I have also seen him on different shows about psychics or mediums over the years. I picked up his book Unfinished Business  back in April of this year when he came to Houston and I was able to see him in person for the first time. My mom, my sister-in-law and her sister and I  saw him on a Friday evening for his presentation Awakening Your Mind. It was great. He is a good speaker and a lot of fun. He shared a lot about himself and about what he does. He shared some of the messages he has received from the other side over the years and he did some readings. We had a good time.

That's all I had intended to do originally -- just go to his presentation Friday evening. The next morning when I woke up however, I was spontaneously inspired to buy a ticket to his all day workshop that day. It was a rare occasion that I had the time off from work to actually attend an all-day-anything and since the occasion presented itself, I took it. I splurged on myself and took out $250 from my savings account and bought a ticket. After all, how often does an opportunity like this happen? 

Well, I was in for a pleasant surprise! There is no doubt that I was meant to go. I was intuitively guided to attend this workshop. I had the best time and I learned so much about myself and I kind of shocked myself. (This happened just before I discovered that I was an adult Indigo.) 

There were approximately 150 people (or more) that came to the workshop.  I was pleasantly surprised at the number of men at the workshop. (I hear the ratios are improving for attendance to these types of things -- instead of it being 80/20 with women as the majority, it's grown over the last couple of decades to be more like 60/40. This is refreshing.) The energy was really good because it was full of people who were open and who wanted to be there to explore their own abilities further. Not to mention we were in my favorite high energy location -- the pyramid at Unity of Houston. After doing a meditation we were paired up with others, sometimes just one person, sometimes with three other people and we did a lot of different exercises. Exercises to do with the different "clairs"like feeling or seeing auras, psychometry, etc. There were many gifted people attending, including several who did such things professionally. A woman I was paired up with was good at feeling my aura energy. First thing she felt was that I had a lot of strong energy coming out of my sixth chakra (or third eye). She could also feel where I had most recently had some pain, which was now on the mend.  As we would do each exercise, James would ask by a raise of hands who "got something" and also if there was anyone who didn't get anything. I noticed there was only one or two people (sometimes) who would raise their hand that they did not receive anything at all during the exercises. Most everyone was receiving information, or getting "hits".



As I "warmed up" throughout the day doing the different exercises, (plus doing the meditation) I was pretty relaxed by the time we did the one that gave me a pleasant surprise. We were put into groups of four. I had three other women in my group (who I had never met before). One was in my age group and the other two were younger, probably in their twenties. This exercise was where we each took a turn being the psychic and the other three were the client. Each client was to give a person's first name, their relationship to the client, and the manor in which this person died, to the psychic who was to see if they could retrieve at least three pieces of information or facts about the person (who had crossed over). The client was to just answer yes or no to confirm these pieces of information we would receive. When it was my turn to be the psychic, as each of the women said the name of the person, how they were related and how they died, these people appeared in my third eye. I was able to pick up at least three specific pieces of information or facts about each of them and each client in turn, responded in a confirming "yes" every time. Whoa. Things like what their favorite color was, what they really liked doing or what kind of person they were -- the energy about them. One of them came in really strong. It was one of the younger women's father. I saw him clearly; a big, tall man and he was wearing an army uniform -- hat and all. I could sense that he had been a loving father to his children. The other young lady who was in my group told me her grandmother's name and I saw her at her home, during the holidays, serving food to all her brothers and sisters, children and grandchildren, etc. The house was really full of people. She was happy, wearing a flower print dress with an apron, making sure everyone was taken care of. Full of love. Everyone would gather at her house during the holidays and she would cook. She liked to cook. 

As I was coming up with each person's information, I was getting confirmations on not just a few of my "hits" but every one of them. Although the other women got some hits, it turned out I had the best results in my group. These people who had crossed over were showing up for me pretty easily. I had never really tried that before. Of course the energy in the room, the things we did beforehand to prep and ground ourselves, etc. were of great assistance. Not to mention James' guidance!

It's interesting to note that one of the younger women in my group kept saying after each try that she was just not getting anything. Then finally at the end, she said she smelled cigarette smoke very distinctly. (We were inside a non-smoking facility of course.) The other young woman's father (the one I saw in the army uniform), as it turned out, smoked cigarettes. She was actually experiencing clairaroma! That's the one and only hit she got the whole time but she got a hit that no one else did about him and a type of hit that no one else had either. 

It goes to show you that everyone can do this if you are open to it and want to, and everyone works a little differently. Everybody is a little better at one or another of the "clairs" ,as I affectionately refer to them. There was one young man who came both to the Friday night presentation and to the workshop on Saturday who was obviously very gifted in psychometry. He was sharing with us all the hits he was getting from holding someone else's ring. He was describing her living room, complete with details. Pretty impressive! (I didn't do so well in this department.)

All these abilities or "gifts" are a natural part of us. We are beings of energy after all, and all of this has to do with energy. Energy can never die. It only changes form.

Needless to say, I had the best time at this workshop and was so glad that I followed my intuition and bought a ticket at the last minute. It's something I love doing. I had so much fun, met interesting people and I learned a lot about myself. That in itself is priceless. It was an important reminder that life is meant to be fun and having fun, and being good to ourselves is a decision, a choice. And when you are having fun and expecting good things, you raise your energy vibration and then all good things follow.

 Are you having fun or are you just going through the motions of the same old thing, day after day? What is fun to you? Even if you're doing something that is not particularly fun at the moment, you can make it fun. Use your imagination. Take time in your day for some fun. It does the soul wonders.

Another interesting thing I want to mention is that this fabulously fun day for me happened on none other than my favorite number and day -- the 13th! Exactly a month before my forty-ninth birthday. And within a very short time I was able to put the $250 back in my savings account! 

No comments:

Post a Comment