Sunday, December 15, 2013

What is Parapsychic Science?


Over the years, when I would tell someone that my degree was in Parapsychic Science, the majority of the time I would get a puzzled look in response (and still do). A lot of people never heard the term or are unaware of what it means or entails. I guess I had not really heard the term parapsychic science either until that day I saw the ad in a magazine. I hadn't been aware until then that getting a degree in that subject was even possible. The ad listed the topics of study for this degree program, along with others that sounded interesting too, like Metaphysics, Divinity and a few others. It really got me excited and got my energy flowing! This was just my kind of thing! I was drawn to it like a June bug to a light.

Once I discovered that this was available, I really, really wanted to take the classes. I studied and read about this type of stuff any way -- on my own, so getting a degree in it was icing on the cake. At the time, even though I really wanted to sign up for this course, I had no idea where I was going to get the money to pay for it. I needed a few thousand dollars, of which I didn't have.

Now here is a great example of how when you are following your passion, your bliss, whatever gets you excited and the energy flowing -- that something that makes your heart sing --  that the universe (God) will present you with a way. When you ask, it is given. It wasn't long after discovering this option of study, while I was wondering how I could possibly come up with the money to pay for it, that I received a letter in the mail from a previous employer. The letter stated that my retirement account with that company, of which I had been gone from for over five years at the time, wanted me to remove my money and invest it else where since I no longer worked there. I had completely forgotten about that retirement account! And it was enough money to pay for the entire degree program plus a little more! I couldn't believe it! The letter arrived at the perfect time! If you focus on what it is that you want and imagine yourself already doing or having it and remain open to receiving without worrying about the how , the Universe/Source/God will deliver! 

Any way, I had to tell that story. It was by way of synchronicity that I saw that ad in a magazine and then received the money to enroll. But back to the definition of Parapsychic Science. 

Parapsychic science is the unity of contemporary science and philosophy with metaphysics to provide us with the ability to understand and communicate with the spiritual realm. It covers many areas of psychic science including the investigation of psychic phenomena, extra-terrestrial activity, telepathy, near-death experiences, and parapsychology. From angels and auras to numerology and palmistry, parapsychic science allows students room to explore the mysteries of life and formulate their own personal and service oriented approach to the unknown.

Parapsychology is the science which looks at connections between the human mind and its environment, connections currently unexplained by our mainstream scientific base of information. It is a branch of psychology specifically involved with the studies of paranormal events. The parapsychologist ascertains the history, principles, and theories behind psychic phenomena involving telepathy, clairvoyance, sensory awareness, psychometry (psychoscopy or "psychic touch"), dermo-optic perception, spiritual healing, auras, mediumship, and so forth. A parapsychologist can also counsel individuals who have suffered trauma due to alien and spirit encounters and other paranormal experiences.

The parapsychic sciences and parapsychology are very extensive fields of study.The following tells a little about some of the parapsychic sciences:

Aura: an energy field surrounding every person, animal, plant, and object. Auras can be observed by those sensitive to seeing them. They contain meaningful colors that can assist in the healing process and are also indicative of spiritual growth.



Channeling: allowing a spiritual entity to communicate with others through a medium. The spirit can speak directly through the medium, using the medium's voice, the spirit may speak aloud so everyone can hear (if they are sensitive or clairaudient), or the spirit can allow the medium to translate information given psychically.

Clairvoyance: the ability to "see" events psychically. Clairaudience is the ability to "hear" events intuitively, and Clairsentience is the ability to "feel" events
empathetically. Claircognizance is an extension of feeling and it means "to know with clarity," beyond the physical feeling. This is the stream that is being utilized when you proclaim "I just know." Commonly referred to as the "clairs," they are extensions of our five senses. The two lesser-known "clairs" are Clairaroma or Clairscent, which involves the sense of smell, and Clairgustus or Clairsavourance, which is associated with the sense of taste.

Dermo-optic perception: an element of psychometry where one can "read" a person intuitively through contact with their skin. A person who has developed their ability to sense things about someone through touch, can get impressions through as much as a handshake.

ET investigation: the study of extra-terrestrial activity. Parapsychologists often counsel those who have suffered negative experiences from encounters and abductions.

Mediumship: relaying impressions and communications between the spirit world and the physical world psychically or through the act of channeling. The medium can be anyone or anything conducive to the transfer of such information. 

Divination tools: include tarot cards, runes, oracles, radiesthesia (dowsing), stones, crystals, pendulums, candles, music, and color. Psychic tools are anything that assists an intuitive in the effects of the psychic sciences.

Psychometry: also referred to as "psychic touch" it is the ability to obtain psychic impressions from holding an object that someone has worn or touched. Some intuitives can also obtain impressions from photographs.


Spiritual healing: channeling divine energy to the recipient by direct touch, manipulation of the aura, or through stones, crystals, music, color, and aroma.

Telepathy: sending or receiving information from one person to another by concentrated thought. Animals, particularly our pets, communicate with us (and each other) telepathically.

Well that should give you a good idea what it involves although this list is not inclusive.

I noticed that now parapsychic science is listed as Alternate Spiritual Traditions at AIHT, where I received my degree in 1999. Their description of the course is the following:

"This course of study responds to the eternal curiosity surrounding such questions as what happens after death; what makes up the non-corporeal world; and how one utilizes various psychic tools to access one’s own inner knowing. Relying on faith and science, you, as an explorer of alternate spiritual paths, will inquire into the secrets of the universe."




No comments:

Post a Comment