Thursday, January 16, 2014

Prayer Before Eating



I am constantly reading, listening to speakers, taking classes or attending workshops. (Can you be addicted to learning?) I just finished listening to Nutritionist Julie Daniluk, R.H.N. She is full of great information and helpful tips. She hosts The Healthy Gourmet on the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) in Canada, a reality cooking show that looks at the ongoing battle between taste and nutrition. Her first best-selling book, Meals That Heal Inflammation,advises on allergy-free foods that both taste great and assist the body in the healing process. Julie has appeared on The Dr. Oz Show and is a resident expert for The Marilyn Denis Show and Reader’s Digest. Her passion is sharing juicy vitality through yoga, nutrition, and celebration. 


Along with lots of good information to keep us healthy, she shared a prayer to use before eating. I really like it and thought you might too.

I offer my heart felt gratitude for this meal and this day which you have provided. Thank you for the farmers who have created it and the cook who prepared it. I ask that you remove any pain or negativity from this food. I ask that this food be filled with healing energy and love. Let me absorb what I need and easily let go of the rest. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment