Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Treasured Teachers


With the recent passing of Dr. Wayne Dyer, I've been thinking about other great spiritual teachers and writers and how grateful I am to have them here, now and to be able to learn from them. Another one that has made a big impact on my life is Neale Donald Walsch. And instead of waiting until after he makes his transition to talk about what a great spiritual teacher he is, I'm going to do it now while he's still physically with us!

I remember when his first book Conversations with God, Book 1 came out. It was released on my mother's birthday -- May 5, in 1995 -- twenty years ago. It was during a turning point in my life, and I was immediately drawn to his books, reading all three in the series and then most of his other books that followed, such as Friendship with God, Communion with God, The New Revelations, Tomorrow's God, Home with God, Happier than God, What God Wants, Moments of Grace, and about ten more! I love the messages so much in all of these books. They have all touched me deeply and my energy resonated with them on a level I had never felt before. I felt the words were confirming what I knew and felt at a soul level and my heart sang out "yes!" as I read them. After I finished Book 1, I immediately ordered half a dozen more copies and gave my closest friends and family members each a copy for Christmas. After I finished reading Book 2 and Book 3 of the Conversations with God books, I remember not only feeling hungry for more of this conversation and couldn't wait for the next book, but I experienced something that I had never experienced before. I ended up crying so hard because I literally felt home sick like I've never felt before, after reading this material. I just felt this intense home-sickness. This is the only way I can explain it. I have read a lot of spiritual books over the last 30 years and no book(s) had ever affected me in that way before.

I have also had the pleasure of experiencing Neale in person on five different occasions over the years, beginning in 1997. Each time he came to Unity of Houston to talk about his books. The first thing I noticed about him was his energy. He emanated such genuine peaceful, loving and compassionate energy. It was palpable. Of course I got several of my books autographed and also had a picture taken with him. His children's books are wonderful too -- even for grown-ups. I also have the movie Conversations with God, documenting his story --  about how he went from being homeless for a year to the automatic writing of these books. He also did a documentary about Indigos, which I posted about here

Needless to say, Neale and his books and movies have had a big impact on my life, and I know they have for many, many others as well. If you haven't read any of his books yet, especially Conversations with God, Books 1, 2 and 3, I highly recommend them!

To give you a little taste of Neale, click here to watch a series of five short (8 min.) video clips he made talking about The Soul -- Do we have one? Where is it? What is it? What is it's purpose? and more. I think you'll find it interesting.

Also of interest if you are into astrology or numerology (which I am) is that Wayne Dyer's birthday is May 10th (Taurus) and I just noticed that Neale Walsch's birthday is Sept. 10th (Virgo). 

No comments:

Post a Comment