Saturday, February 7, 2015

Thirteen


Not only is the 13th annual World Sound Healing Day coming up on Feb. 14th, which is also Valentine's Day, but I am also celebrating the 13th anniversary of my pet sitting business on the same day! Thirteen years and still going strong.(I thought it was very fitting to officially start my business on Valentine's Day!) 

And this year, the day before Valentine's Day is Friday the 13th, which is my favorite day! Why? Because 13 is my lucky number! I was born on the 13th. 

I was recently thinking about the number 13 and how it's always been my lucky number. Though I wasn't born on a Friday, my birthday falls on a Friday every so many years. I turned 13 on Friday the 13th, which was a the beginning of a huge transformation I  went through. I was thinking of all the ways that the number 13 has shown up for me. And then guess what happened? I got an email from Reid Tracy, who is with Hay House, and do you know what the whole email was about? Yep!....the number 13!

It turns out his lucky number is also 13 and for the same reason; because he was born on the 13th (of Jan.). Not only that, but his dad was born on the 13th, his sister, his son, his niece and two nephews. Wow! That's incredible.


I was just amazed I got this email and the timing was divine. Reid also mentioned how that there is actually a term that was coined in 1911 for the fear of the number 13, which is triskaidekaphobia. He said the number 13  has gotten a bad rap perhaps because "some say it was merely a clerical error on one of the world’s oldest legal documents. Others say it’s because it numerically sits next to what mathematicians and scientists consider a “perfect” number—12."

When Reid consulted Doreen Virtue’s Angel Numbers 101, he "discovered that according to the angels, the Number 13 brings more positive things into our lives."

When he consulted John Holland’s Psychic Tarot Oracle Cards, he "learned that the number 13 stands for “Transformation” and reminds us to accept the changes and opportunities that will ultimately expand our personal growth."


Wow. That describes my whole life -- transformation, changes, opportunities for expansion, personal growth. I've always been seeking to understand myself better.

And then he went on to say that when he consulted his daughter, she told him "that Taylor Swift writes the number 13 on her hand whenever she performs.  According to the popular singer, 'I was born on the 13th. I turned 13 on Friday the 13th. My first album went gold in 13 weeks. My first #1 song had a 13-second intro. And every time I’ve won an award I’ve been seated in either the 13th seat, the 13th row, the 13th section or row M, which is the 13th letter.'"


Wow! I had no idea Reid Tracy, so many members of his family, and Taylor Swift were also born on the 13th. And that Taylor Swift turned 13 on Friday the 13th too!!! Life is amazing, isn't it?! I love the number 13!

Update 2016: I was amazed and amused to discover that one of the people I have been spending so much time listening to and learning so much from since early 2013 -- Clayton Nolte, the inventor of the Natural Action Technologies structured water devices, was born on April 13th!

No comments:

Post a Comment